Recipe of Dahi Chicken
(Chicken cooked in yogurt gravy)
Chicken- 500 gm (without skin cut into 8 pieces)
Onion- 2 finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste- 3 tbsp
Kaju paste – 2 tbsp
Red Kashmiri chilly powder- 1tbsp
Garam masala powder- 2 tsp
Black cardamom- 2
Bay leaf- 1pc
Salt- as per taste
Barista -2 onion (fried onion)
1. Marinate the chicken with dahi, ginger garlic paste, salt, 1 tbsp garam masala powder. Set aside for at least an hour.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Put black cardamom, bay leaf, red chilly powder and onion. Fry till the onions get brown.
3. Put the marinated chicken and cook for 5 minutes on a high flame. After couple of minutes cook the chicken on a slow flame until the chicken becomes tender.
4. Put the garam masala powder, kaju paste, barista and cook for another couple of minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves
6. Serve hot with roti and/or rice.